Apply Now

Logo de la marca

Financial Aid

Compu-Med Vocational Careers strives to make education affordable. CMVC is certified by the U.S. Department of Education for Title IV funds.

Grants Loans Scholar hips

Tuition assistance and financial aid options are available, including a variety of grants, loans, scholarships, and other alternatives. These programs aim to support applicants in accessing Title IV funding to facilitate their continued education. Financial aid is accessible for eligible individuals.

Financial Aid Procedures

CMVC Financial Aid Officers are available to guide students through the financial planning process. To apply for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Applying for Financial Aid

Students interested in applying for the Federal Title IV aid program must complete the Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA may be completed at You must complete a FAFSA every year.

CompuMed Federal School Code is 031086. Some documents needed to apply for Federal Financial Aid:


Your Social Security number (it is important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA). NOTE: when completing the FAFSA, the name must be the same as shown on your social security card


Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student.


Your driver’s license number if you have one.


Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. Citizen.


Federal tax information or tax return transcripts including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents, if you are a dependent student. We recommend completing your taxes first. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible when completing the FAFSA. Using this tool may lower your probability of being selected for verification and providing additional documents for that process.


Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans’ non-education benefits, for you, and your parents, if you are a dependent student (if applicable).


Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student (if applicable).


Create an FSA and Password – You will use your FSA ID every year to fill out a FAFSA and/or Federal Student Loans. You can create your FSA ID and password at

If you already have one, please make sure your personal information is up to date.If you are a DEPENDENT student, have a parent create an FSA ID too.

Respond promptly to any requests and notify us immediately if you move or change your telephone number and/or email.

Steps to complete the FAFSA

Go to

Create your FSA ID and password (If you already have one, please make sure your personal information is up to date. If you are a DEPENDENT student, please have a parent create an FSA ID as well)

Complete your FAFSA. CMVC Federal School Code 031086 (Hialeah).

Create a save Key. Temporary use to allow you to return to the application and fill out the FAFSA.

The system will guide you through the questions. You can save the application and continue filling it out later if you do not have the information. You must remember your access key to be able to return to complete the FAFSA.

Types of
Financial Aid

Title IV is an entitlement program, designed to assist those who need it to attend a post-secondary educational institution. Pell Grants are designed to be the floor of a Financial Aid package and must be combined with other forms of aid to meet the full cost of education. The Title IV entitlement amount is determined by the cost of education at the institution attended and the actual number of credits for which enrolled. One must reapply annually for Title IV consideration. Students must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program. For further information on Title IV filing, check with the Financial Aid Office. Aid comes in a variety of ways and chances are you might have more options than you think. Aid can come in the form of grants and loans. We also encourage you to research other tuition assistance resources, such as need and merit-based scholarships and employer tuition reimbursement.


Limited to students in an undergraduate program who have financial need and have never earned a baccalaureate degree. This aid does not have to be repaid in most cases

Federal Pell Grant – Grants may be awarded if you show financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a need-based federal grant program for students who are seeking their first undergraduate degree.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) – This is a need–based federal grant awarded to undergraduates seeking a first undergraduate degree in an eligible program who have exceptional financial need. Limited funding is available in this program and awarded first come–first served. Recipients are chosen based on EFC (Expected Family Contribution) and application date, and funds are usually not available to late applicants. Initial awards are estimated based on the results of the FAFSA and assume a full-time enrollment.

Federal Direct Loan

Federal Loans are established and supported by the federal government and the Department of Education serves as a lender. Applicants must first apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). ALL FEDERAL DIRECT LOAN MUST BE PAID BACK. Repayment begins 6 months after you leave school or drops to less than half-time status. To receive any loans must enroll at least 6 credits each term toward a degree program. A Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling are required. To learn more please visit

Direct Subsidized Loans – are loans made to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs. The government will pay the interest while you are enrolled in school.

Direct Unsubsidized Loans – are loans made to eligible undergraduates, but eligibility is not based on financial need. The student is responsible for paying the interest while in school and after.

Direct PLUS Loans – are loans made to parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid. Eligibility is not based on financial need, but a credit check is required. Parents of dependent students may borrow on behalf of their children. Parents loans must be repaid over a 10-year period with interest beginning 60 days after disbursement.

Other Types of Aid

  • Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) – The Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) Program is a need-based grant program available to degree-seeking, resident, undergraduate students who demonstrate substantial financial need and are enrolled in participating postsecondary institutions.
  • Florida Bright Futures Scholarship – Bright Futures awards include: Florida Academic Scholars award (FAS), Florida Medallion Scholars award (FMS), Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholars award GSC (Gold Seal CAPE)) and the Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars award GSV (Gold Seal Vocational). For more information please (see Bright Future Handbook).
  • Vocational Rehabilitation – CMVC is approved by the US Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR). Students approved by DVR will have their tuition and fees subsidized by DVR.
  • 529 Florida PrePaid College Plan
  • Scholarships

Cost of Attendance

The cost per credit for a General Education / Pre-Requirement is $395.00 and for a Nursing credit it is $700.00. Also, there is a registration fee of $150.00 and a $30.00 textbook fee that is charged with each credit. Both fees are non-refundable. Also, included in the tuition is the Basic Life Support course, background, and drug screen fees held with CMVC. Students are responsible for any titers or vaccines that the clinical site may require. Students will be given one (1) uniform, pen light, and stethoscope before the start of their clinical rotations.

Helpful Links

Federal Direct Loan
Entrance Loan Counseling

Online CMVC Financial Aid System
The Financial Aid System allows you to see: General financial aid important information, Awards, Loans and loan history and Access forms

TFC Tuition Funding – manage payments options

Additional Resources for Students

How to Fill Out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) Form

How to Create an Account and Username (FSA ID) for

Student’s in need of outside assistance –

Canvas log in –

Student portal access –

Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment –

Federal Student Aid ID –

Ombudsman website –

Voter registration information –

CMVC Ascendium Information for Students

Ascendium is a free service available to all CMVC students. An Ascendium Student Loan Counselor may contact you directly to talk about your loan repayment. You may also contact an Ascendium Student Loan Counselor for FREE at or email them at:

Financial Aid Frequently Questions & Answer

Q – What is Financial Aid?

A – Financial aid is funding at the state and federal level that helps students pay for education. There are many kinds of financial aid, including grants, loans, and scholarships.

Q – How do I apply for Financial Aid?

A – Completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Q – What is CompuMed Vocational Career Federal School Code and Address:

A – 031086 and Hialeah

Q -How do I transfer my financial aid information from another institution to CompuMed Vocational Careers (CMVC)?

A -You will need to update the Title IV code number to 031086, add CompuMed Vocational Careers name and address (Hialeah)on your Student Aid Report (SAR). To do this you can:-Visit the FAFSA website and select FAFSA on the Web. Then click on “Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA”.

Scroll to Top